Responsible Gambling Information
"Responsible Gambling" is a broad concept and involves the conduct of gambling in a manner whereby the potential for harm associated with gambling is minimised.
The aim is to enable people to make informed decisions about their participation in gambling and, if harm has occurred, to provide access to gambling help services.
At OnThePunt we are committed to ensuring that Sports Betting a fun and entertaining experience while protecting those with potential gambling problems.
Things to remember about responsible gambling.
1. We want you to enjoy winning but we need you to be aware that gambling is a game of chance and the outcome is not in your control.
2. It's important that you realise the potential impact of gambling whilst under the influence of problematic substances. Despite what you may think at the time they won't help you pick a winner.
3. Control your gambling. Management of your finances, including awareness of expenditure on gambling is an important factor.
4. Once you've lost a bet move on. Chasing lost money is not a successful tactic.
5. Gambling should be a part of your social life without dominating it. Responsible gambling is about making it a positive and enjoyable experience.
Problem gambling is a compulsion to continue gambling despite the negative consequences it may have. This behaviour can seriously impact the gambler as well as those closest to them. On top of the potential financial impact it can also cause stress, depression and anxiety. If gambling is affecting you or someone you know in this manner, it is considered a gambling problem.
Please go to the Gambling Help Online website for assistance or further information.